cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
6 3 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Computer screen flickers with black horizontal lines and seems pixelated

HP Recommended
HP 15 TS Notebook Pc

I have a microsoft laptop and my when turned on my laptop screen flickers and has black horizontal lines running down it and seems static like or pixelated, it usually stops when i sit my laptop a certain way but now it does it all the time

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,840 2,755 185 362
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @morganbrynn

Here on the HP Support Forums, you have access to many community members with solutions and suggestions to help. I understand that you are having an issue with black lines and the display flickering. 

Please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet. 

Please look at the Image on the screen flickers and lines link and let me know if that is what you are seeing. 

Have you tried in Safe Mode to see if the screen flickers?

Have you tried to uninstall the graphics driver in the device manager?

Have you tried to update the graphics driver in the device manager?

Have you done all of your Windows Updates?

Have you tried doing updates using the HP Support Assistant?

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

If you feel this post has helped you, could help others joining in and looking for a solution or you just want to say cheers, please click the Accept as Solution button and/or the Thumbs Up

Let me know how this goes. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help! 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
6 3 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Looked at the images and the screen is flickering and the vertical lines are like black and white 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,840 2,755 185 362
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please follow the links and steps in the questions: 

Have you tried in Safe Mode to see if the screen flickers?

Have you tried to uninstall the graphics driver in the device manager?

Have you tried to update the graphics driver in the device manager?

Have you done all of your Windows Updates?

Have you tried doing updates using the HP Support Assistant?

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

Please re-post with the results. 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation