Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (330 Views)

Deactivated TouchPad/Mouse? No mouse cursor/pointer

[ Edited ]
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

It appears I somehow deactivated my touchpad or something along those lines as my mouse pointer/cursor has completely disappeared? It was working fine yesterday, and I think the only thing that might have triggered this is that I accidentally pressed some keys (unsure of which ones, so I don't even know how to reverse it). I've tried restarting, as well as looked through some of the mouse/touchpad settings to no avail. If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it (I'm currently relying on my fingers and the touchscreen which isn't as convenient)

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (283 Views)

Re: Deactivated TouchPad/Mouse? No mouse cursor/pointer

Hi @claraina,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! 

I have looked into your issue about your HP Notebook and TouchPad not working correctly. Here is a document on how to troubleshoot Touchpad and enable different button options.

If you will go to the section on Turning all TouchPad gestures off and on. This will help you fix this issue. I recommend restoring the defaults.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
Student
Message 3 of 3 (80 Views)

Re: Deactivated TouchPad/Mouse? No mouse cursor/pointer

Hi,

My touchpad is deactivated.

I followed the most of the troubleshooting troubleshooting steps outlined at the link you provided but but I simply can't reactivate my touhpad. It's very exasperating. 

I even tried FN+F4. Then I rebooted the computer to clear whatever might be stuck in memory . But still nothing

I took a look at the touchpad's  driver version and it's 19,3,31,31.  I've decided to download it and reinstall since nothing else I've tried work.

Any other suggestion?

P.S. At the the time of this writing I noticed that Windows update is downloading somthing called Windows 1803. Is this some new super update and that's why it's somehow turned off my ttouchpad?

Thanks!

xavier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation