06-08-2012 06:32 PM
Please try the following tricks:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
06-08-2012 06:45 PM
All icons or just some of the typical Windows icons? If just the typical Windows icons, then right mouse click on the destop and select Personalize and the click on Change desktop icons and select what you need.
If all icons then try the following:
If you have made recent software or hardware changes to your PC then boot up in safe mode (F8 after splash screen) and see if the icons reappear. If yes, then it's possible that a program is interferring with the desktop icons. Please post your results.
If you have not made any recent changes then try to rebuild the desktop icon cache.
- Click Start, and open Computer.
- On the Tool bar, click Organize and choose Folder and Search Options.
- Click the View tab, and check to select the Show hidden files and folders option, and click OK.
- Then, enter the following directory:
5. Find the IconCache.db file, and rename it as IconCache.db.old.
6. Close the window, and restart the computer.
Please post your results.
HP Photosmart 6520 and HP Deskjet 1112
Custom 1151 socket Z270 Intel i7-7700k @4,600 Mhz, 16GB Corsair 3000 Mhz dimms
Corsair H75 water cooler, Corsair CS 650M power supply
RAID 0 (dual Samsung 960 EVO m.2 240GB) boot system
Dual Samsung 840 EVO SSDs 500GB data storage, Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400GB
MSI NVIDIA GTX 980TI 6GB
ASUS ROG PG279q @144 MHz
Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 Pro x64 in UEFI mode