Bill115 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disable Touch pad running windows 10 disable option does not exist as described in forum

Pavilion dv7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion dv7, I want to disable the touchpad. I am running Windows 10 64 bit. The options to disable does not exist through any of the mentioned methods in the forums I have researched. It does not show up in the mouse enable or disable as described.

This touchpad is very annoying to say the least. I am very close to taking the laptop apart and pulling the ribbon connector off to permanently disable it.

Hoping someone has the answer to shutting it off?

Thank you for the assistance.

3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Professor Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2564 2557 312 632
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disable Touch pad running windows 10 disable option does not exist as described in forum

Hi

Have you tried this?

Double tap in upper left corner of touch pad.

The LED should go on,and touch pad is disabled.

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
6936 6932 719 2759
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could you please share the product number or exact model number so that we can check for the steps to disable touchpad.

In the mean time, you can look for various other ways to disable touchpad like either from Windows Device Manager or using third party software:

http://www.intowindows.com/3-ways-to-disable-touchpad-in-windows/

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2564 2557 312 632
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Go to Start Menu -> Search Control Panel -> Click the Result

controlpanel1.png Second Way

Go to Start Menu -> On the Sidebar there should be Control Panel -> Click that

controlpanel2.png

Next Step is to find the Mouse Settings Icon or Mouse Properties and Click the Icon

step1.png

When you click that a box will open with the Mouse Settings/Properties and from there go to the Device Settings tab... Or find settings in the main tab to turn off the Touchpad. Depends on Operating System.

step2.png

Then in the Device Settings tab change the settings to you. Or just use mine so that when you plug in an external mouse the touchpad turns off. Or do whatever.

step3.pngMake Sure to hit Apply -> Ok    And you should be good to go. Now you know where to go and is shown with a pictorial representation. Good Luck! Hope this helps!

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation