Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (182 Views)

Disable touch screen driver on defect touch screen

Product Name: pavilion touchsmart 15-n029so
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a hp pavilion touchsmart 15-n029so. Unfortunately my touch screen is defect, so 5-6 points on the screen is constant active. Until recently I managed to disable the driver for only the touch driver (not the screen) through device manager, but then a lately update for windows 10 activated the driver again. So now the 5-6 points is constant active, and I cannot login because the screen will not focus on the login field. 

This means I cannot login to windows 10. I have also tried to start safe mode (turning off computer repeatly, so it starts up in safe mode), but here the touch screen driver is also active. 

How can I disable the touch screen driver without login into windows 10?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (145 Views)

Re: Disable touch screen driver on defect touch screen

[ Edited ]

Hi @Aphandersendk,

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! :) Good day. Hope you are doing well. I understand that you have issues with the touchscreen and it does not let you login. It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you here. :)

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue. Thank you for giving us the privilege to assist you on this platform. :) Excellent research  and brilliant diagnosis were done before posting your query. Kudos to you for that. :)

Please try to go to safe mode and disable the touchscreen in device manager from safe mode under Human Interface devices.

• After booting into the system, then try to disable touch screen.
    1. Press the Windows Key +X key.
  • 2. Click Device Manager.
  • 3. Click the little arrow beside “Human Interface Devices” to expand that category.
  • 4. Right-click on HID-compliant touch screen (or whatever the touch screen entry is on your particular PC) and click onDisable.

Pleas check this link out: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/windows-10-turn-off-touch-screen/...

If this does not work, you will need to backup all your data and restore the computer to original factory settings from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03489643

Please select the most appropriate option that best describes the type of recovery for your computer.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you .:)

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.  :)

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. :)

Happy holidays to you and your family:)  Take care.:)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation