01-10-2017 01:02 PM
My buddy replaced the screen of the laptop and sent it back to me saying he had no idea what it was wrong. He ordered same screen model ect. Anyways, when I hdmi it up to my tv it still has graphical issues, which it didn't before. When I try to open a program it's insanely slow, once it opens it literally locks up. It appears to be at 100% memory at all times. I'm positive everything's related, I'm pretty computer savvy but I don't know anything about software. Help please
01-11-2017 11:26 AM
Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums.
I understand that you have an HP 2000 Notebook PC and the display was replaced recently. Now, when you connect an external TV via HDMI there are some graphical issues, the performance slows down and freezes. The memory usage appears to be at 100%. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. I'd like to assist you with this case further.
I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Disconnect the charger and remove the battery out.
- Press and hold the power button fo the laptop for 15 seconds. This will release the static from it.
- Put the battery back in and connect the charger.
- Power on the laptop.
- I checked the image and the laptop screen appears greenish in color. This seems to be an internal connectivity issue. I suggest you to reach out to HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for the laptop display.
- For performance issues, please refer to the steps from this link: http://hp.care/2bBzk8O.
- Please let me know the exact laptop model no. This link will help you to find the laptop model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l.
Let me know how it goes. Cheers! :)