Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a problem with the drivers: 1 discrete graphics card AMD Radeon (TM) R7 Graphics, Built-in AMD Radeon R8 M365DX. What is the actual problem, I installed the driver and everything seems to be fine, but when I launch any games for the premiere "World of Tanks", then my graphics are at the minimum FPS 25. The driver is downloaded from here "https: //support.hp. com / us-en / drivers / selfservice / hp-pavilion-15-ab100-notebook-pc-series /...". Please help how to solve

[Personal Information Removed]
Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@GeNiXeR,

Good day. Thank you for engaging in the HP community. I will be happy to assist you. Excellent description of the issue. Kudos to you for that.

• Did you try to roll back the drivers and heck again?

Let's try these steps:

Run all the latest Windows updates and install them correctly.

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Check the box that states delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and graphics drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers   Select the country and type the product# of the unit. Then follow the onscreen instructions

Then run HP support assistant and install all the recommended updates. Also try playing multiple games also.

Now check for issue resolution. If it continues, then check if switchable graphics is working correctly by following instructions from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03048374 (HP Notebook PCs - Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Intel and ATI GPUs)

Now check if it gets resolved.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

1. Updated BIOS, 2. updated chipset, 3. installed drivers.
Nothing helped everything, and all games are launched with integrated graphics.

Only now it defines discrete as R8 instead of R7 and built in like R7 instead of R8Screenshot_4.png

HP Recommended

@GeNiXeR

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm writing on behalf of my colleague @DavidSMP, as the tech is out for the day,

that said, I have reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

Switchable graphics are usually system managed and can't be manually changed,

if you feel that there are issues with either of the video card's I recommend you run a hardware test to identify the cause of the failure:

Run the Extensive Test if no system component failed during the Quick Test.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Extensive Test.

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

6. If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep us posted, 

(We shall troubleshoot as a team, fight till the end and emerge - "victorious")

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

here are the reports 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WM3sfzVtNbUc5UpYX7VvY_4vXNWMSjBt

I do not know what to do even GTA 5 at the minimum settings does not pull in the settings shows 512 mb videScreenshot_6.png

HP Recommended

@GeNiXeR,

Thanks for the response. It is nice to hear from you again As @Riddle_Decipher is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf.

. As a lot of troubleshooting has been done and the issue continues, I request you isolate the issue further. Please back up your files and perform a reset of Microsoft Windows 10.

Then it will give a very clear picture. We would have exhausted all software troubleshooting and the issue would point towards a hardware failure. There is more to it than meets the eye. 

Please follow directions from this link: http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04742289

If the computer has no hardware issues then there should resolve it for you.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I made a reset of windows. and nothing has changed. But could you come into my laptop and do what we need to do well?

I do not even know what to do next.

HP Recommended

@GeNiXeR,

I read the message. thanks for the update. It is great to hear from you. 

I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.