Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elite x2 1012 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a recent Windows 10 Pro 64 bit update, the fn + F9/F10 key combination is no longer available and does not work.

I have tried to perform the following steps:

- Ran HP Software Setup Utility and checked updates until the message "No updates are currently available"

- Performed latest Windows Update

- Uninstalled and reinstalled display driver

- Checked Power Options - the slide controls for setting the brightness On battery / Plugged in, are not available

- Checked Power Options - Advanced settings - Enable adaptive brightness, On or Off

No way! The only evidence found is that by cliccking the Battery Icon in the Icon tray (bottom right), the BRIGHTNESS icon is grey and indicates DARKEST if Adaptive Brightness is set to ON. By setting Adaptive Brightness to OFF, then the BRIGHTNESS icon is still grey, but indicates 0%, no adjust possible!

Currently the display brightness is set to 100% (both on battery or Plugged-in) and I have problems when the room is dark (display too bright) and additionally, when not plugged-in, the battery will be drained in a short time.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just found the issue.

In the DEVICE MANAGER, under Monitors, there was a PnP Monitor device with the Exclamation Point (!) along with the warning Driver not Signed. The monitor was created by TeamViewer.

First I tried to update, but the driver was already the newest. Then deleted the monitor but still the same message.

Then deleted with the additional option "delete from PC", then re-scan drivers and update ... IT WORKED!

Now the Fn+F9-F10 are working as usual.

I hope this can be of help to other people.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Just found the issue.

In the DEVICE MANAGER, under Monitors, there was a PnP Monitor device with the Exclamation Point (!) along with the warning Driver not Signed. The monitor was created by TeamViewer.

First I tried to update, but the driver was already the newest. Then deleted the monitor but still the same message.

Then deleted with the additional option "delete from PC", then re-scan drivers and update ... IT WORKED!

Now the Fn+F9-F10 are working as usual.

I hope this can be of help to other people.

HP Recommended

Thanks! was having identical issue with my EliteBook 8770w (also Windows 10)

Not sure if it was right after installing the TeamViewer Monitor Driver, or if it happened after a Win10 update. But regardless, uninstalling the Generic PNP Driver fixed it immediately.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.