Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteBook 850w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two EliteBook 8570w systems:

1.  (both have 16GB ram/1TB ssd's) which are configured with the same mother board (176B) versions 50.1c and 50.19). 

2.  Both utilize NVIDIA Quadro K2000M cards running the same bios.

3.  System A runs Bios ver. 43 10/0/2013; System B runs Bios ver.  31 10/2/2012.

4.  Both monitors are HD+ WVA as far as I can determine.

5.  System A is limited to 1600x900 on computer monitor but works 1920x1080 on external monitors.

6.  System B runs at 1920x1080 on both system monitor and external.  

7.  I called HP support to have them determine any differences based on the serial number/build record and the only thing they could see was that system A was Energy Star compliant.

8.  I have the skillset to change the monitor if that will solve the problem...any suggestions/hints/leads etc. would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MikeChase 

The EliteBook 8570w series has dozens of different models/products therefore they are not the same. Each of your machine can have one of the following screens

• 39.6 cm (15.6 in) High-Definition Plus (HD+) AntiGlare (AG) LED WVA (1600 x 900 resolution, 200nits, 60%CG)
  • 39.6 cm (15.6 in) FHD AG LED WVA (1920 x 1080 resolution, 220 nits, 60% CG)
  • 39.6 cm (15.6 in) FHD AG RGB LED UWVA Dream Color (1920 x 1080 resolution, 210 nits, 109% CG)
  • 39.6 cm (15.6 in) FHD AG RGB LED UWVA Dream Color with webcam (1920 x 1080 resolution, 210 nits, 109% CG)

If you wish to change 1600x900 to 1920x1080 you can buy the following part and install to your machine

FHD WVA display panel part # 694681-001

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Banhien:

1.  Firstly, thanks for the reply.

2.  I had contacted HP support and gave the the serial numbers of both systems in order to attempt to determine if the systems had different displays.  HP indicated that, based on the build record, the displays were the same (using the model you suggested).

3.  The only difference the technician could see was that the system limited to 1600x900 resolution was labeled as Energy Star.

4.  If anyone has a way to confirm the display identity w/o going to HP, please let me know!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.