Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy X360 15-ed1001na
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I have a couple of questions,  first about a HP pen PMM 2.0 working not correctly and second about memory upgrading.

if you can help me sorting out I will very grateful.

Recently, I bought a second hand Envy X360 Convertible 15-ed1001na. The specs of this computer are the following:

-Operating system: Windows 11 Home edition

-Processor Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 (up to 4.7 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB L3 cache, 4 cores)

-Processor family: 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor

-Chipset Intel® Integrated SoC

-Memory 16 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB) Memory slots: 0: Transfer rates up to 3200 MT/s.

-Storage 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

-Graphics Discrete: NVIDIA® GeForce® MX450 (2 GB GDDR6 dedicated)

-Display 39.6 cm (15.6") diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080), multitouch-enabled, IPS, edge-to-edge glass, micro-edge, 250 nits, 45% NTSC

-Included accessories HP Rechargeable MPP2.0 Tilt Pen

I have an issue with the pen. When I touch the screen with it I can see the cursor flickering. As the result, I cannot drag and select anything on the screen because it acts like I touch the screen too fast. Even when I try writing something on OneNote or using Photoshop, the flow is very inconsistent, and the result is a dashed trace. I tried already to uninstall and reinstall the HID-compliant pen device in the device manager, without any good outcome.

Having a Microsoft Surface Pro (5th generation) with its pen (Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Stylus 1710, maybe mpp protocol 1.51?) , too, I tried to swap the pens. As result the HP pen worked flawlessly on the Microsoft tablet and the Surface pen worked without any problem on the Envy, making me supposing that my HP pen, actually, has no fault.

Trying to be smart, today I went to the computer shop where I knew they have the newer Microsoft pen 1776, the one with tilt function like the HP MPP 2.0, and with great disappointment, even this pen is not working on my Envy. So, I wonder if my screen cannot support any tilt pen (the Microsoft 1710 has no tilt function), and why the MPP 2.0 is sold with this computer, but not working.

Has anyone any advice or solution?

About the RAM, does anyone know if I can upgrade it up to 32 or 64 GB? I found memory modules with the same specifications of the actual installed ones in both size (16 and 32).

Thank you in advance for reading this far, hoping to receive some effective solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.