cancel
Ali1978 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

External monitor (mini display port to full size DP) does not wake up after laptop sleeps.

Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I have a spectre x360 which I am using with 2 monitors:

1 x 24in monitor plugged via HDMI - HDMI lead

1 x 27in monitor pluged via mini DP - full size DP lead

I have the laptop screen and the 2 monitor screens on at the same time - so effectivily im using a total of 3 screens.

Everything works fine until the laptop goes to sleep.

When I wake up the laptop, the laptop screen and the monitor plugged in via HDMI turn on. The monitor plugged in via display port doesnt wake up.

The only fix is to unplug the mini displayport cable and plug it back in to the laptop - this wakes up the monitor.

The issue with unplugging and plugging the cable back in is all the windows that I had opened get moved about and its very frustrating.

Please advise how I can get the laptop to wake up both monitors.

thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16885 16864 1225 1823
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

External monitor (mini display port to full size DP) does not wake up after laptop sleeps.

Hi! @Ali1978, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that external monitor screen does not display after waking the PC from sleep mode.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Please try few steps recommended below.

Check if allow this device to wake the computer is checked in Device Manager.
1. Click Start, type Device manager in the Start search box and hit Enter.
2. Select keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right-click and select ‘Properties’.
3. Select the ‘Power management’ tab.
4. Check the “Allow this device to wake the computer” check box.
5. Repeat these steps for Mouse and Network adapters as well.

Open Power Options by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), entering Power options in the search box, and tapping or clicking Power options.  

Note You can also right-click the battery icon in the notification area to access the Power Options command. 
Tap or click High performance.

Go to the "Power Options" in the "Control Panel", where you get the list of "Power Plans". Click "Change plan settings" and then "Change advanced power settings". Go to "PCI Express", "Link State Power Management" .

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation