Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13-ad102tu

For the past 6 months I have had an issue with a flickering bar appearing at the bottom of the screen. I have concluded it is a problem with the the Intel 620 graphics driver and have uninstalled it, which has solved the issue. 

Obviously I want to re-install a new driver so I can adjust the brightness, etc

Can anyone advise a suitable alternative to Intel HD 620?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@i223 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are looking for Intel HD 620 drivers.

On our HP website, the latest driver is showing 23.20.16.4849 Rev.C

You could try directly install the drivers from the intel website.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I actually need a recommendation for a different graphics driver, as Intel HD 620 has been causing a strange flickering line to appear across the bottom of the screen (as below) so I have had to uninstall it. 

IMG_20200106_180925695.jpg

HP Recommended

@i223

Thank you for posting back. 

HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts that are bundled with the product as It may affect the performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well my laptop can no longer go into stand-by mode when the lid is closed and also now cannot adjust the screen brightness so I need a solution for that

HP Recommended

@i223

Thank you for posting back. 

The last thing I can suggest trying to restore the computer back to the factory settings. Performing an HP system recovery (Windows ) While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.