4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDMI port not working - 'not plugged in'

HP G62-a70SQ
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've been trying for hours to connect my external monitor via HDMI cable, but neither the laptop nor the Monitor sees eachother.

I updated monitor's firmware to the latest and no result. Still, my computer displays that there is nothing plugged in the HDMI port when I insert HDMI cable. The monitor sees that I have plugged in something in the HDMI port, but doesn't receive any signal from my laptop.

Would you please advise if there is any solution to this specific situation?

Also, be advised that even with the latest video driver downloaded from your website, I am still unable to play on OpenGL video mode.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Many thanks in advance,

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
16542 952 2192
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDMI port not working - 'not plugged in'

Hi @Boogyeman,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand from your post you are having issues with your HP G62-a70SQ Notebook and the HDMI not working correctly.  Here is a link to connecting an HDMI connection. Most times a restart with the HDMI cable connected will fix this issue.

You need to check on the Services, if the Windows Install is not working correctly it will not install the drivers needed.. Click the Windows icon, type services in the Search box, and then click or tap View Local Services. Scroll down to the Windows Installer. Startup type should be - Automatic, and Service Status should be - started. Restart the computer.

You might need to update the Graphics Card. In the Device Manager, click the arrow next to Display Adapters to expand that category. Right-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter, do 1 at a time. Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driver
After the installation is complete, restart your Notebook.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs up icon.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation