Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 15 (16,388 Views)

HDMI problem... Hp Pavilion dv7

Hi guys. I have problem with my HDMI port. Two weeks ago I were using my HDMI port with no problems. I turned off my Notebook and the next day I tried to connect it to my TV again but it didn't work. So is there anything I can do? :((((((((

If anyone can help me I would be very thankful :( (sorry for my bad English)

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 15 (16,386 Views)

Re: HDMI problem... Hp Pavilion dv7

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Reconnect the HDMI cable and try the Windows key + P (that is projector mode)

If that does not work then go to control panel-->sound and see if it is still shown as being recognized by your notebook.

Which OS and what is your complete notebook product name/number?

It is on the barcoded sticker on the bottom of your notebook. 

Best regards,

erico

You can show appreciation or say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs up + in the purple box next to the Reply button .

If your problem is solved or question answered, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

I am a volunteer, not an HP Employee.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 15 (16,347 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I'm using Windows 7 Home premium and the model is dv7-3165ef. I were using my HDMI port but suddenly it stop working :( Is there any solution or I should bring it to a service?

Honor Student
Message 4 of 15 (16,346 Views)

I forgot to say that my HP doesn't recognize the TV. I connected it to my Dell and it worked

Student
Message 5 of 15 (15,970 Views)

Hi everyone, I have the same issue. One time worked very well with one TV LCD Samsung and then, the second time I've tried doesn't work. I tried many options in Windows 7 control panel but nothing...My model is DV7-4285DX. HDMI doesn't work

Student
Message 6 of 15 (14,010 Views)

Exact issue. Same computer, make, model, etc... I have a Sony LCD TV. First couple of times it worked, was a little shady but I thought it was just cause I didn't have the settings primed. I've had the cable properly wrangled in the meantime (I'm a audio engineer, I know how to properly wrap cables) and now all of a sudden, it doesn't work. The one thing that makes me think it's NOT the cable is because I have to connect it to the PC AND TV and make sure the display setting is spitting out a signal (or trying to) and set my TV to HDMI before my laptop makes that sound when you connect an external device (not when I just plug it in the laptop). 

Honor Student
Message 7 of 15 (13,538 Views)

i'm having the same issue..was working fine last week and now it doesnt recogonize it in the sounds section. i've tried start P and nothing..

please advise

Student
Message 8 of 15 (13,469 Views)

TV would not 'see' PC via HDMI, PC/HDMI would not link to TV.  The TVs (tried both) acted/showed that the HDMI link was not giving any set-up info ie 1080i 30h

mine is an ATI Mobility Radeon graphics card. they are owned by AMD,   i filtered thru and downloaded Catalyst Manager, it updated 9 drivers across the chipset.  ended up with the AMD Vision COntrol Center app, it detected the exact TV model and the viable Display Settings.  Everything works: Video / Sound

Go to http://support.amd.com  to work thru the product selection so you can get to the right pkg for you

Student
Message 9 of 15 (13,319 Views)

wish i knew
Student
Message 10 of 15 (12,549 Views)

Hi,

I had a similar issue with my dv7-6295dx. I searched around and found nothing... literally, nothing. Nevertheless, updating the BIOS to the latest version from the HP website solved the issue. So, you might want to give that a try.

Regards,

MSY

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation