JD26 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDMI stopped working after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 on HP Pavilion dv 3

HP Pavilion dv 3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ugraded to Windows 10 - HDMI not working, searched for hours trying to find a solution and no idea what to do, so rolled back to Windows 7. Once rolled back HDMI working again so some kind of compatability issue.

Help!

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
15439 15384 1437 3417
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDMI stopped working after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 on HP Pavilion dv 3

JD26

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sounds like you don't have an actual problem.  You upgraded to Win10, had problems, rolled back to Win7, and the PC is working OK.

You are very lucky that the rollback worked because many folks end up with trashed PCs after the Win10 rollback.

So, what is your issue?

IF it is that Win10 does not work on your PC -- that's to be expected because it was NOT designed to work with the older Win7 PCs, and there is nothing WE can do to fix that.

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation