cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP 15-1233wm has horizontal colored lines on screen but not on external monitor

HP Recommended
HP 15-1233wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When the system is turned on the screen is normal for about 10-15 seconds then the horazontal colored lines slowly take over the screen until it is just a blur after about 60-90 seconds.   I can use the HDMI output to view on my tv with no issues it is only on the laptop screen itself.

I am capable of canging a screen if this is the issue but how can I detrmine that is the exact issue and ther is not something else wrong?

This is my girl friends computer and I was informed that a can of soda punctured in the same bag as the computer so it did get a small amount of mosture on it.   I do not know how much and everything else is working just fine on it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

John

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
43,219 43,008 6,890 12,069
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If it puts out good image to an external monitor and the laptop screen is garbled it has to be the screen. Let us know if you need a Manual, video and a place to buy the screen

Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.  I would love a recommendation on where I should purchase from.   I have found them all over the net but I want to make sure it is the correct one and from a quality vendor.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation