Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 15 Notebook

HP 15 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

so my screen is registering a counstant touch feedback on the right center on the screen. i dont use this laptop as a tablet, and i never will. its only used as a laptop for me. ive searched high and low in the settings, but i cant find any way to completely deactivate touch feedback on the screen. i know it isnt the touchpad because i see the gray circle on the screen that would betray screen touches. how do i deactivate the touch screen?

2 REPLIES
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 560 1246
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 15 Notebook

Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum

It looks like you are trying to find the steps to disable your touch screen. Please follow the troubleshooting

steps as shown below to disable the touch screen.

1. Go into Control Panel.

2. Click on "Hardware and Sound".

3. Click on "Pen and touch". Then click on the "touch" tab.

4. You should see an option use your finger as an input. Just disable this option.

Note: I will look for different steps if you are not able to find relevant option under Pen and Touch

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
AndrewAS Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 15 Notebook

so i followed your instructions (which were quite helpful) and found the pen and touch tab. however, there was no option to disable this as far as i could see. what do i do from here?Untitled.png

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation