Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15s Ryzen 7
Microsoft Windows 11

hey there. So my new 15s heats up quite a bit when the power is plugged in. Sometimes to 80 degrees sometimes 90 degrees, and the fan is consistently on. Unplug AC and it drops by at least 20 degrees. I have discovered that the memory clock on the graphics chip doubles from 400Mhz to 800Mhz when plugged in - so i believe this is the culprit. I dont need the memory clock increased as i dont play games (anymore) . Trying to find a way to tell it to not increase when plugged in, the AMD Ryzen Master utility is not supported for this model... anyone got any ideas? I havent look in the BIOS yet...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

i can also see now that the CPU sits at around 2.4Ghz on battery, and jump to 3.7Ghz when plugged in. SO it is not just the Graphics chip that is set to run faster when plugged in . The Ryzen Master software doesnt work on this model. I wonder if there is some way to tell the laptop to operate at the lower settings when plugged in? Must be a setting somewhere!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.