cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
happynewyear21
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP ENVY 360 Black screen

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had my HP envy for 9 months and now the screen is black, fan is on and power light it on.

I have tried to do BIOS reset by following the other threads however the screen is still not turning on.

I would like to back up the data without taking our the SSD so I connected to a second screen using HDMI cable to my TV, the TV is not detect the laptop connection. I tried the same connection with another laptop and the HDMI connects to the TV so no issues with HDMI cable and TV. Is there another way I can see the laptop screen on another screen?

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,779 25,714 1,202 1,246
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@happynewyear21

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Are you able to boot into BIOS?
  • Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation