Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4-1115dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a Envy that was upgraded with a SSD, and Win 10 some time ago by my son. There is no recovery partition on the SSD. 

From a fresh install of Win10 just now, I have no touchscreen. There are no ! in device manager. My son told me since the first win 10 upgrade, there has not been any touch for this machine. There are no touch drivers on the HP driver site for this machine for Win 8. There are no drivers for Win10 at all. Win 10 is fully updated. Computer working good in all there respects, just no touch. There is no Pen and Touch option the in control panel. This machine did have touch when it was a win 8.0 and HDD. 

Suggestions?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@KLund1

Please try

1. Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.
  2. Expand Display Adaptor.
  3. Right click on the video driver and select Update Driver Software. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

or please try

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-touchscreen-windows-10/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the very quick reply!!

No update avalible for display found. The trobleshooter for display did not find any changes needed.

Further suggestions?

Thanks again!

KL

HP Recommended

I did a complete SSD wipe and reinstall on latest ver of W10. Now I have a ! in device manager under Other devices. NO update avalible through windows driver update.  reinstalling display driver from HP Envy 4 driver site did not help.

There is no touchscreen listed under HID devices.

I found MS drivers that did not work at catalog.update.microsoft.com. They were Touch screen Voltron drivers for WIn 7, or 7-10. Niether worked.

Further suggestions please

Thanks

HP Recommended

anyone??

HP Recommended

I checked device manager, withshowing all hidden item. There was no touchscreen listed in HID, and there is no longer any Other Devices listed.

This is tough one. Any HP guys out there that mght have some further suggestions??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.