Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 (N5S76UA#ABA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The keyboard in my laptop has stopped working.   Touch pad doesnt work and light on caps lock does not illuminate when pressed.   I downloaded and installed HP UEFI boot diagnostics.   Hooked up a USB keyboard,   booted up into the diagnostics.  I then unplugged the USB keyboard and was able to use the laptop keyboard to run extensive diagnostics.  I also ran the keyboard and touchpad diagnostics.  All ran with no errors found.

Oh, I have uninstalled and re-installed keyboard drivers from the device manager about 20 times.  THIS DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM.   Befoe I shell out $70 for  a new keyboard, I wan to make sure its not a Software glitch.   And yes, I have pressed andheld the power button fro over 1 minuted to do a hard reset too.  This did not solve problem.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

OK.

While you have the notebook powered on, use a mouse and click on the notification icon in the bottom RH of the screen. 

If the notebook is in Tablet mode it will say On and be blue in color. To leave tablet mode, just click on the Tablet mode tile.

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

No, this did not work.

HP Recommended

I fixed this problem by disabling the "Intel Integrated Sensors" under System Devices in the device manager.   This seems to do the trick ( for now ).  The problem began after a recent windows update was pushed out,

HP Recommended

Thanks but that is not the problem.   See the actual solution below.   Had to disable intel integrated sensors

HP Recommended

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.