Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-g050nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I've got a Pavilion 17-g050nl with AMD A10 CPU, AMD Radeon R7 M360 graphics card and Microsoft Windows 10 home premium 64 bit.

For personal reasons, I would like to change screen resolution to a mid level between 1600x900 (optimal resolution) and 1280x720, but when I click on advanced screen settings, in the resolution box there is only 1600x900, 1280x720, 1024x768 and 800x600. There aren't other resolution like 1440x900, 1366x768, 1360x768, 1280x800, 1280x768 that I see in other HP notebooks.

The operating system is updated, also the video driver is updated, is it normal for this notebook or there is a way to show other resolutions?

Thanks to everyone that will read my problem and to everyone that will help me 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear Provost,

thank you for your prompt reply.

I tried all the suggested things, but they didn't solve my problem, so I went to AMD website, I installed their autodetection software that downloaded and installed their version of the video driver and now I'm able to set display resolution to 1366x768 and 1280x800.

So the AMD driver gives more options than HP driver.

I hope this will help other people.

Have a nice day.

Cesare

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The screen is only going to look its best at one resolution: the native resolution. You can set other resolutions but they will look fuzzy and muddy. But if that is what you want here is a tutorial for how to unlock all the display resolutions your video card can create:

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-add-a-custom-screen-resolution-in-windows-10/

It is not an infinite choice. There are also some 3rd party apps that may allow a few more settings:

http://www.intowindows.com/set-custom-resolution-on-windows-10/

Not sure that one works on your laptop, however.

You can also adjust scaling and icon size and other things in the advanced display properties and get some of the same effects as a resolution change without actually changing the resolution.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Dear Provost,

thank you for your prompt reply.

I tried all the suggested things, but they didn't solve my problem, so I went to AMD website, I installed their autodetection software that downloaded and installed their version of the video driver and now I'm able to set display resolution to 1366x768 and 1280x800.

So the AMD driver gives more options than HP driver.

I hope this will help other people.

Have a nice day.

Cesare

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.