Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-2250ej
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone! 

First of all I want to thank anyone in advance who is willing to help me in this great forum!

(sorry about my bad English)

i have 2 problems in my laptop. HP Pavilion g6-2250ej. 

( i had windows 10 x 64 on legacy mode in the bios, the legacy and uefi were on)

and everything was great until on day that i played a game,and my laptop froze and nothing worked, i just saw the picture of the game on my screen so I turned off the laptop and tried to turn it on again and nothing happened.

so I took the main battery out and the bios battery out to reset the bios hopefully that it will fix the problem.

now it fixed the problem but now every time I turn legacy mode on and exiting bios, my laptop just showing me a black screen. the fan is working but the light of the wifi isnt white now its orange. 

so again I took the main battery out and the bios battery out to reset the bios and installed windows 10 x64 on uefi mode in the bios. everything is working great except from the AMD readon drivers. i cant install them. when i install them, the screen is black and the laptop restart itself and its not installing.

in the device manager im getting:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter.

and sometimes its code 43 stop working because of a problem and its always change between them.

problem 1:

why cant I install AMD drives? its because its working on uefi mode? Im very frustrated because I tried everything to install it, manually too.

problem 2: 

why cant i turn legacy mode on in the bios? its not that important because i just need a windows i dont really care if its on legacy or uefi, but when it was on legacy i didnt have any problem on AMD drivers at all.

can someone help?

thank you 

Mishel Dedi.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@Mishel_Dedi Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing the legacy black screen and AMD drivers on Windows 10.

Do not worry. I will try to help you.

Please let us know if the computer works in the safe mode.

If you have the same issue in the safe mode, Perform an extensive hardware test.

Please perform the below steps on the computer to run a System Test

- Shut down/Turn off the computer

- Once the computer is completely Shut down/Turned off

- Now press the power button once to turn on the computer and immediately start pressing/tapping the F2 key on the keyboard

- This should open the UEFI Diagnostic screen on the computer

- Please select System Test and then select extensive Test

If it is work on safe mode, disable startup services and restart and update all drivers from the HP website.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@Praveen196

hello and thank you for the replay. 

yes i can go to safe mode my pc works fine. i just hope i dont have any hardware issue.

how do i  disable startup services as you said?

and something else when i press f2 i dont have a System Test.  i have only memory, hard drive and language test or exit.

thanks again

Mishel Dedi.

HP Recommended

@Mishel_Dedi

Thank you for the update.

In that case, I would suggest you install the latest UEFI.

Please refer to the below link to disable start-up services.

https://support.hp.com/th-en/document/c03314799

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

hey thanks again for the perfect explanation. i did everything but still nothing works for me. still i cant install the AMD drivers, and moreover i cant turn on legacy mode in bios. Im very frustrated because I have tried everything and nothing.

why cant i turn legacy mode on? what happend?

and i think that i cant install the AMD drivers because im on uefi mode.

😞

please if you have any other fixing option, or something i will appreciate it.

thanks a lot!!!

Mishel Dedi.

HP Recommended

@Mishel_Dedi 

I understand your concerns.

I request you to use the AMD autodetect software from AMD and install it on the PC, which will detect the video card and will download the suitable driver for it to work on the PC.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

thank you very much but still it doesnt want to get installed. black screen in the beginnings and after a half minute it restarts and not working. i dont know what else to do...

HP Recommended

@Mishel_Dedi

I would suggest you perform the system reset and check.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

i will try that. thank you! if that wont work it must be a hardware issue... isnt it?

HP Recommended

@Mishel_Dedi 

Yes, you are correct. After performing the system reset if the issue still persists.

You have to contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.