Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0056wm

I purchased this laptop December year and last weekend when I opened it I heard a crack.  I then noticed several small pieces of plastic and a metal screw fell out. The hinge on the right side  have cracked and the plastic on the monitor have detached and I can see the inside tape.  I am keeping the laptop open all the time right now to prevent any more damage.  My issue is very similiar to this post https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavillion-Gaming-PC-Hinge-broke-af..., for me the hinge that broke is the right side and the plastic on the monitor is as not as detached as bad as the picture.  I spent $500 on this laptop and thought it would have lasted longer. This laptop have only stayed in my study room and hasn't been moved anywhere I am surprised hinge can break this easily just from normal tear and wear in barely less a year of use.  Is there anything that HP can help with repair this?  Is this a defect? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@k5234, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.