Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 16 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 16-f0000 (39H22AV)

My company purchased four of the HP Spectre X360 2 in 1 16" laptops. These were the "blue" model. Every one of the laptops blue screens at random times during video calls. It happens on MS Teams, Google Meet, or Zoom (maybe others too but those are the most commonly used by our team). It happens at least once a week or more often on each of the machines. It's a running joke amongst the team about who will be first to blue screen and drop out of the meeting. 

If not for the blue screen issue, it's been an excellent machine and I like the form and function. One of the blue machines finally had a major failure and required replacement. We bought the newer "black" model and it has not blue screened even once during video calls. I believe there was a change in the may video and memory is handled on the newer model? 

Anyone know if there is an update, fix, or work around to prevent the blue models from crashing during video calls. Since we have experienced this on 100% (4 of 4) laptops, I have to think there are others out there with the same problem. Anyone else with the same issue??

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Blank screen no cursor happens on HP Laptop 15-dy1 every time I move mouse or use touchpad; has become unusable.  There is only so much one can do with keyboard alone.  The HP extensive system test passed everything except video memory.  Anyone know if replacing video memory is practical as DIY?

HP Recommended

Update: I reset the laptop as a new computer, updated BIOS and windows.  Still getting the Video Memory "WARNING" when run the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic extensive test on startup.  Can find no documentation on that error.  Anyone have info?  Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.