Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-4110nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought HP Pen (Active PEN 1MR94AA), brand new. As soon as it arrived I followed instructions but nothing happened. I checked and updated firmwares using HP Support Assistant. I have also checked hardware with HP PC Hardware Diagnostic tool. Despite all of this, the Pen did not work at all. I then tried removing the screen protector. No results. So the question: is my model compatible? I actually only found compatibility sheets referring to models 13-<char><char> and never 13-<digit><digit>. Can anyone please help in identifying either my problem or any compatible active pen? Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@GianfrancoPugno Greetings from the HP Community!

I went through the details of your model and here's what I see, the list below contains all the stylus supported by your device:

For more details: click here

(refer to the above article for all hardware compatibility and replacement procedures, if need be)

Any other stylus may or may not work.

I hope that helps!

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for restrictiveness and taking care of my problem. The models you are suggesting seems to be out of stock. Just as contingency I'm going to try with a simple capacity pen. Honestly I do not have too complex needs. In case the capacity pen does not work either, I'll try to find what you suggest as used pens.

I let you (and the community) know if the capacity solution 1) works 2) suites my needs

Regards

Gianfry

HP Recommended

@GianfrancoPugno I appreciate the update, please take your time and get back to us with the results.

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

😞 I bought and tried a Heiyo Stylus Pen, unsuccessfully. Where by finger tip I am able to draw continuous curved lines seamlessly, by stylus I only get set of horizontal segments. I also tried to "calibrate" the screen. By "touch" calibration works, by pen it doesn't. I suspect that pen calibration is only meant to be by active pens. Nevertheless also after calibration, pen does not work acceptably.

I go back now to the active pens you suggested, hoping to be able to find them somewhere.

I keep you updated

Gianfranco

HP Recommended

@GianfrancoPugno Here's a few things that may help order the right pen/stylus for your device:

you may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal.

I hope that helps!

Good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.