Honor Student
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 Cracked Screen.

Hp Spectre x360 13-4101dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.  I bought an Hp Spectre x360 13-4101dx On Friday, October 10th, 2015. Today i closed the laptop as anyone normaly would, and opened it a few minutes later to find the screen cracked. The laptop was not closed with any force, and upon furth research this seems to be a problem many others are having with this device.
This is a virtually brand new product and the damage is not due to handling fault.  I am also an employee at Best Buy and have sold many of these laptops to customers because I thought they were a great product but now my faith in HP is in question.
I have attached and image of the crack.
I would really like this issue to be resolved.

Thank you,

Brennan Guernsey.

IMG_20151014_145035_01.jpg

27 REPLIES 27
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 2 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @BrennanGuernsey,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

I understand that your new Spectre 13 x360 has developed a cracked screen not due to customer induced damage.

As it is a recent purchase and this is a hardware issue please contact HP support for servicing.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the   Thumbs Up   below.  

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Nia_ka Top Student
Top Student
1 1 0 2
Message 3 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you end up finding help? Because the same thing happened to me and it wasn't cover by warranty which is stupid and your supposed to have an accidental coverage even if no one told you about it except its too late now so you're pretty much screwed... Worst customer service worst client care I've ever heard of. Only had my laptop for 2 months but they won't fix it so I have to pay.
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 4 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Nia_ka,

Welcome to the HP forums! :generic:

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
rogers296 Tutor
Tutor
4 3 0 4
Message 5 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have same issue screen cracked just opening laptop at area where thumb contacts screen ? stress riser on very thin digitiser so far no movement on HP to rectify problem

0 Kudos
Retired danny-r
Retired
8,249 7,079 141 473
Message 6 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@rogers296

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
TeaGold Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 7 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the cracked screen. I called HP and they were very helpful . They are going to fix the computer.   am afreaid it will happen again.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 8 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @TeaGold,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy: 

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

Learn How to Post and More.

I am glad that HP repaired your notebook under warranty.  If you are concerned that it may reoccur please contact HP support to discuss this concern and any possible options.

Please let me know the outcome.

To say thanks for responding please click the thumbs up button below.

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Grobbs Tutor
Tutor
15 14 0 5
Message 9 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same issue here.

Bought 2 Spectre 360s  3 months ago. 

Screen cracked on one of them whilst overnight on desk.

Laptop not been dropped of had anything heavy on it.

I lift the screen from the top left hand corner and its not stiff enough to stop the screen flexing slightly and I thinkthat

it stresses it and it fatigues and cracks, probably when the lid is put down and the glass heats up slightly from the

heat of the base unit.

Customer service refusing to repair under warranty - received quote for £255 for repair which I wont be taking up.

For those of you getting similar response if would suggest filing in the small claims court for full refund as product needs to be fit for purpose and a laptop screen that cracks after 3 months under normal usage is clearly not fit for purpose.

Search on google for "Small claims court forms" - its pretty easy and not expensive

Pity as I have spent over £7k on HP PCs/Laptops in last few months but this will will be my last HP purchases

Having worked for HP for many years (when they were renowned for customer service) I know they can do better...

Caveat emptor.....

Retired Duane_D
Retired
4,641 3,064 51 154
Message 10 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello ,

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please allow up to 48-72 hours for a response from one of our HP Agents. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you have already resolved your matters, please disregard this message. 

Thank you 
Duane_D
I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation