Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

We have the same problems, but it seems to belong to the notebook-type and not to the dock type... It doesn't matter what resolution the monitors have. And the problem is always the HDMI-Monitor. On DP we have no problems.

Windows is up to date, BIOS is up to date, Dock is up to date.

HP ProBook 440 G10

Thunderbolt Dock G4

3x FullHD Monitors (DP / DP / HDMI)

-> HDMI-Monitor flashes some times a day

HP ProBook 440 G10

Thunderbolt Dock G4

3x WQHD Monitors (DP / DP / HDMI)

HP ProBook 440 G10

Thunderbolt Dock G4

3x 4K Monitors (DP / DP / HDMI)

HP ZBook Firefly 14 G7

Thunderbolt Dock G4

3x WQHD Monitors (DP / DP / HDMI)

-> NO PROBLEMS

HP Recommended

I have been having the same issue . Laptop is an HP Spectre x360. Also same issue with support. I am now looking for a replacement from another provider ( Anker, Plugable, Wavlink and even dell ( hah!))

Has anybody tried other hubs  to the G5 ?

the P/N of my hub is 72C71AA#ABA .. if that helps anybody

HP Recommended

I have buy thicker DP cable and now 6 days passed without any blackout!

Hope this is it... I'll let you know if this issue comes back again.

It seem that HP docking G5 have screen signal levels on the edge of failure so cable thickness and impedances matters a lot.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion on the cable. I do already have a high quality HDMI cable.

HP tech support said they would replace the unit, however when submitting paperwork, they would not accept the invoice from Amazon as proof of purchase.

I will make a decision on purchasing another brand - and will share details here, when I have had it in use for several weeks.

Thanks all

HP Recommended

Interestingly, I have three different G5 Dock SKUs:

5TW10AA#AB2

26D32AA#ABL

72C71AA#ABA

We have a singular 72C71AA#ABA and it is the only dock that will not blink on our end user laptop/monitor combinations. 
Almost all of our systems have two acer V246HL monitors with DVI output to HDMI or DisplayPort on the dock. The one system that has a different set of monitors, Viewsonic VA2465Smh, and is using HDMI outputs, has not had any blinking, even when we swap dock SKUs.

Surely this must be an issue relating to the specific Dock and Monitors. The fact that your 72C71AA#AB has this issue when mine does not is concerning though, since a simple change of SKU may not be the answer I am looking for.

HP Recommended

It appears that a new firmware version was released that has resolved this problem on our various models of the G5 dock. 

The firmware file is sp150455 and the version is 1.0.20.0.

Hopefully this fixes the problem across the board for everyone else affected.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi

Where can we get the latest firmware for HP USB-C Dock G5?

It seems that we cannot connect to 

HP Recommended

Hi. When i click on your link to update the firmware, the new windows shows me the box where to click to download that, but just one or two seconds after, the window refresh and "We're sorry

We can't seem to find the page you were looking for.

Try going back to Support Home or use our Diagnsotic Solutions to resolve your product issues." appears !!!

Why ?!?!?

HP Recommended

Seems like the website is having issues maybe.

Here is a direct link to the softpaq 150455:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp150001-150500/sp150455.exe

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.