Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to connect 2 monitors to HP Notebook 15

HP Notebook 15 Touchscreen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just want to have 2 monitors for my Notebook. I have it set up on a desk, with all the usb ports filled up. I have an HDMI cable in it already so I can have dual monitors, but have a TV just a little bit away that I wanna hook up to it. Is it possible to daisychain the monitors? Its fine if that results in a mirrored screen. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
20,767 20,712 1,901 4,557
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PaladinDance

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

As far as I know, no it is not possible to daisychain the monitors together.

However, you should think about plugging a powered USB hub into your laptop for those devices that don't need high bandwith -- like keyboard, mouse, printer. 

That would free up USB ports on the laptop.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
81,652 81,545 10,177 21,875
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sounds like you are trying to connect to 3 monitors (2 external monitors and its screen). No, you can't do that with your laptop. An USB port replicator which has DisplayLink certified can do that for you.

Please try:

https://blogs.synopsys.com/tousbornottousb/2012/08/09/displaylink-announces-hp-usb-3-0-docking-stati...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation