06-04-2012 06:49 AM - edited 06-04-2012 06:55 AM
Can anyone tell me if this will work on my HP Pavilion DV6 3182ea laptop, probably a stupid question, http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/Official-HP-statement-on-Switchable-Graphics...
I am running Ubuntu 12.04 in a dual boot configuration however the hybrid graphics is messing everything up with the FGLRX driver (causing boot problems because X is incorrectly configured because it is using the integrated graphics.)
If it will not work we need a BIOS upgrade for all hybrid graphics laptops I spent £600 on this laptop and I do not want to he held back by HP's choices of which laptops can have this BIOS update.
HP has by fat the worst implementation of hybrid graphics I have seen, and until I see this fixed mode graphics option I will never recomend HP hybrid graphics laptops.
EDIT: I am running the most current BIOS version F.29 listed on my product page, and I do not have a fixed mode graphics option in my BIOS.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)