Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-af113cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need help regarding the color profile of my laptop. About two weeks ago I think I have made a horrible mistake of accidentally overwriting my laptop's default color profile which is "sRGB IEC61966-2.1. Before I have connected my laptop to a monitor through a HDMI cable and I think I have accidentally overwritten my laptop's color profile with the color profile intended for my monitor

Color Management can be found under> Settings>Display Settings> Advanced display settings> and so on

through Color Management>Profiles>Combine my settings with system defaults

Now I don't know what to do if I should download the same color profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1 from a website which I don't know where to download.

I have contacted help about 3 times and the advice I have received  which is System Restore, System Reset, unistalling and installing the graphics driver,etc. didnt really work at all.

I really need help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @excerller56

Thank you for your inquiry.

I grasp that you would like to restore the color profile of you display back to the defaults after you accidentally changed them. You contacted help three times and were advised of  restore, reset and uninstalling / reinstalling the graphic drivers to no avail.

In the Color Management Profiles if you see an option for system defaults or defaults choose it.

You can also try this:

• Press Windows +R to open the run command
  • Type DCCW and press enter
  • You should now see "How do I calibrate my display" Click on it and follow the directions in the resulting window.

Please let me know the outcome.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say  "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply but in the end your advice didn't help me at all in the long term.

HP Recommended

Hi @excerller56,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works  please review this link. 

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.