Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is a very good idea, because one of those two drivers should have worked.

Do the recovery first, or clean install of W10 if the recovery doesn't work.

You can make your own plain W10 installation media by using the media creation tool at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The tool will work with the W10 product key in your notebook's BIOS.

HP Recommended

The recovery finished.

The driver installed is the 10.18.10.4358. The Events say:

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver igdlh64.inf_amd64_0d5be4a8324f3703\igdlh64.inf for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F31&SUBSYS_21DE103C&REV_0E\3&11583659&0&10 with the following status: 0x0.

I am assuming that status:0x0 is a successful install. But I still have a yellow mark on the Display Adapter and also the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. Both say the device is working properly and they are.

I am not getting the complaints from Windows about the Display like I was before.  I am tempted to try to load the driver you first recommended. If I do should I uninstall the current one first, or just run the sp72369.exe file and install over top?

HP Recommended

Hi:

That is totally bizarre.

The HP driver I posted is definitely the right one...

That is the only hardware ID supported by the driver...

%iVLVGMT0%      = iVLV2M_w10, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F31&SUBSYS_21DE103C, which matches what the message you got reported.

Something tells me that there is a hardware issue with the motherboard because that should not be happening.

I would uninstall the driver, restart the PC and then install the HP driver I posted.

The Intel driver should also have worked, because that is a generic driver that should install on any graphics adapter with the PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F31.

HP Recommended

I uninstalled driver and the Display Adapter was removed from Device Manager. Rebooted and it came back with the same driver.

So I uninstalled and then attempted to install, and get the "computer does not meet minimum requirements". I also check the Remove all Files box.

I rebooted and the same driver came back. I tried to Update the driver like you said previously and it says "The best drivers for your device are already installed".

I feel like a dog chasing my tail:))

HP Recommended

I feel your pain.

Not to kick you while you're down, but I'm thinking you have a hardware problem.

HP Recommended

Well, the good thing is that this laptop is not mine. But I do feel sorry for the sucker who owns it:)) Actually, it is fairly new, maybe a month or two at the most.

I just tried to install using the Add Legacy Hardware option. It stops saying that igdlh64.inf won't install.

I now have 2 Intel HD Graphics entries for the Display. The Legacy version has the yellow triangle. The other entry has a yellow square with a black circle. I really can't tell exactly what it is. What is the difference?  The yellow square is what I got after the Restore. 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, that I do not know.

There should only be one Intel HD graphics adapter listed as far as I am aware, and there should be no warning indicators next to it.

If the PC is less than a year old, you may want to advise the person to contact HP technical support and submit a support case under the warranty.

HP Recommended

AFter doing the complete install with reformatting the drive, the
Device manager now shows:

Driver Version is 10.18.10.4252

The Events say :

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F31&SUBSYS_21DE103C&REV_0E\3&11583659&0&10 requires further installation.

The IDE ATA controller no longer shows an error.
So it looks like it attempted to install the correct driver that you said, but had problems with the installation of the Intel Suite.

I looked at the Application logs in Event Viewer  and see

"The igfxCUIService1.0.0.0 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted".

Window Updates is now running, probably downloading Mickey Mouse's latest major update so that will take about an hour. Just wanted to let you know that we can finally see the correct driver version that you have been talking about:))

I wouldn't be surprised if after the update I will be right back where I started:))

HP Recommended

Good luck.

Maybe the updates will fix it.

HP Recommended

It sure did. The install of the driver completed. I think it was probably due to the reboot. That was the first reboot performed after the initial install.

Thanks for all of your help and for sticking with me on this. Much appreciated!! Go ahead and take the rest of the day off:))

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.