cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Intermittent flashing shapes on screen pointer non responsive

HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Pointer goes rogue intermittently and these flashing circles (and the last few times, squares also) appear on the screen. When it happens I'm unable to control or use either the click pad or touchscreen. It stops, and then seems to function normally. (*Intermittent = anywhere between 20 seconds and 30 min)

I've tried the posted fixes others who were experiencing his issue were suggested do (it's not easy when you're hijacked back to back, so maybe I missed something...?) And lastly attempted a system restore, which was unsuccessful (no restore point). The HP support, antivirus, malware are all indicating no issues to troubleshoot and pc is fine...
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,116 2,596 3,898
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AlphabetJ

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the intermittent flashing shapes on screen pointer non responsive,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Just to clarify, did you check if the issue persists in BIOS? if not I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS screen (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer). 

If it works on bios, it's a software issue: please reinstall/update the display drivers, install the latest updates for the display adapters and BIOS(Click here), if the issue persists,  

You could reinstall the windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue. 

If it doesn't work on BIOS either, it's a hardware failure and you may need to Contact HP to set up a hardware repair service. 

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation