Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion DV6700
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I have an HP Pavilion DV6700 and I upgraded it to Windows 7 Professional.  My issue is that when I try to render games like Minecraft or FeralHeart, either the game crashes, or the terrain doesn't load.  Here's an example of what FeralHeart looks like:Picture

I think this has something to do with my graphics card driver.  I even switched (in game) from openGL to DirectHD and nothing happened.  Please help if you can.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I figured out the problem: since I installed FeralHeart to C:\Program Files (x86)\FeralHeart, I had to run the application as an administrator.  Thank you for your help!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Can we have your exact model? The dv6700 series can have Intel or nVidia video and AMD or Intel processor. Answer might be different depending. 

HP Recommended

Because I'm not sure which one is which, here are all of the numbers: [above the barcode: 00146-539-586-976] [s/n: (removed content)] [p/n: FE811UA#ABA] [service: dv6985se]

HP Recommended

dv6985se is what I needed....that is the model number. Here are the specs:

specs

Core 2 Duo processor and Intel X3100 video. 

Have you tried to find an updated driver for it? Did you install Windows 7 clean or upgrade from the original Vista installation? 

That is not a very strong processor and video combination and may struggle with some games. Do you have any problems with youtube videos, streaming in general?

HP Recommended
Okay
HP Recommended

See what I added to the prior post. More questions

HP Recommended
I installed Windows 7 clean and I don't have any issues streaming YouTube videos other than at 1080p it starts lagging.
HP Recommended

Open device manager/display adapters....right click/properties/driver/driver details and tell us what it says. 

About all you can do is try to update to a "currrent" driver. 

The latest HP driver is from 2008 and is for Vista. Intel has a version for Windows 7 from 2009. The platform has largely become obsolete so nobody is writing code for it any more but let's see if you at least have that latest Windows 7 driver installed. 

You probably want to be using the DirectX settings in the game but that will not do any good if the driver is glitchy. 

HP Recommended
Oh ok
HP Recommended
Would you like me to list all of the driver files?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.