Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (188 Views)

Lighter Spots on Computer Screen, Touch Screen Not Working

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Spectre Xt Touchsmart
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hey all, I woke up this morning and started using my computer to find that there were white spots on my computer screen that I had not previously noticed. I have had the computer for two years and haven't had any similar issues. There does not appear to be anything wrong with the pixels, as the color changes appropriately - it's just brighter. Furthermore, the bright spots on the screen heat up much more than the rest of the screen, which remains cool. I also noticed that, though this may be a separate issue, the touch screen isn't responding. Here is an image (it's much more noticeable on a white background): http://imgur.com/09sYisg

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Any help is much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (137 Views)

Re: Lighter Spots on Computer Screen, Touch Screen Not Working

Hi @aps445,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you to have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More What model of Spectre XT do you have? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I grasp that when you powered on your notebook the other day, that you noticed white dots or spots on the screen that are warmer than the remainder of the screen and the touchscreen function is no longer responding. Have you run the HP Support Assistant? Have you tried running the Windows troubleshooter? Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting a Notebook LCD Panel Issue (Windows 10, 8, 7) that may also help to overcome or determine the issue. Please let me know the results.

If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the “Thumbs Up” below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation