04-05-2017 07:00 AM
Friends, suddenly the notebook no longer recognizes the second monitor. Second monitor it's connected with VGA-HDMI adapter. It worked fine and after restarting the notebook could not use the monitor again. I tested the monitor and adpater with a lenovo notebook and worked instantly so I guess it should be something related to intel graphics. But I tried to update the driver but it's already up to date.
Any suggestion will be appreciated.
04-06-2017 02:48 PM
Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. :) I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you have an HP Notebook - 15-ay192nr and the external monitor which is connected via a VGA-HDMI adapter do not work. I read that the issue started after you restarted the laptop. The same external monitor and the VGA-HDMI adapter works fine when tested with another computer. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.
I would like to know the following information to assist you better:
- Have you pressed the fn+f4 keys to get the display extend or duplicate the display. When multiple displays are in use, press the fn and f4 function keys at the same time to switch the image from the notebook display, to the external monitor, or to both.
Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Keep the external monitor disconnected.
- Power off the laptop.
- Remove the battery out.
- Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
- Power ON the laptop.
If the issue persists then you may review the steps mentioned in this link. Please check for the below steps in this link:
- Setting display properties to use additional displays
- Setting display resolution
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know what happens. All the best! :)