Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
XHP Beats Special Edition Notebook - 15-p390nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP TrueVision HD Webcam (front-facing) with integrated dual array digital microphone is not working properly for skype, youcam, camera. Device Manager has the device status as working properly for PC Camera. Update Driver option resulted in the best drivers are already installed. The 'Events' tab has a message, "Device USB\VID_1BCF&PID_0B09&MI_00\6&ef07ea2&0&0000 requires further installation." How do I install this?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@blkmaf_3

A warm welcome to HP forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

Let's test if the internal microphone is functioning properly:

1.) In Windows search for and open Voice Recorder.

2.) Click Record and speak into the microphone. Click stop recording and click Play.

Check If the recorded sound plays back. Let me know the results.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was able to open the Voice Recorder App and record an eight second message. I was able to play it back and hear the message.

HP Recommended

@blkmaf_3

That's great, that means the microphone is working. An incorrect setting in Windows could be the cause of  microphone issues, try adjusting sound settings:

1.) Right-click the Sound icon in the system taskbar, beside the clock. Select Recording Devices from the drop-down menu.

2.) In the list of devices, find the microphone that you want to use. If the microphone is not listed, use the following steps to show disabled and disconnected devices:

a.) Right-click an empty area of the Sound window.

b.) Click Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.

Disabled and disconnected devices shown in the Sound window

c.) If the device you want to use contains a small circle with an arrow pointing down, the device is disabled. To enable the device, right-click the device name, and then select Enable.

3.) Select the microphone you want to use, and then click Set Default to make this device the default audio input device.

Set Default option in the Sound window

4.) With the device still selected, click Properties.

5.) In the Properties window, click the Levels tab.

Levels tab

6.) If the Mute button  is on, click it to unmute. The volume button should display as a blue speaker icon  .

7.) Use the slider bar to raise the volume level to at least 75.

8.) If Microphone Boost is available, adjust it to +20.0 dB.

9.) Click OK to save changes.

10.) Check if Microphone is working.

Let me know how it goes!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Done. I was able use the speech recognition for Cortana as well as the voice recorder app. The microphone still seems to be working.

HP Recommended

@blkmaf_3

Let's ensure that the required apps have Microphone access:

1.)  On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and select Settings.

2.) Click Privacy.

3.) Click Microphone on the left pane. Check if the status is On for the require apps. If it’s Off, click it to switch to On.

Check if Microphone is working while using Skype.

Keep me posted!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was able to record a message using Skype and heard it on the playback. Still no video yet.

HP Recommended

@blkmaf_3

Let's check if the Camera app is able to recognize and use the built in web cam:

1.) In Windows search for and open Camera.

2.) Check if you can see an image.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No image. HP TrueVision HD Webcam is not listed in the Device Manager under PC Camera nor Imaging Devices. Can it be reinstalled?

HP Recommended

you tube to see how to see if your webcam came unpluged its easy thats how i fixed mine

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.