Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY TouchSmart 15-j067cl
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

Recently I decided to factory reset my computer, and since then I have been experiencing sudden lag and very robotic audio. I'm confused as to why this is happening and how to fix it considering it has never happened before the reset. It occurs quite often and includes all audio from my speakers to suddenly go extremely robotic and a whole bunch of lag. 

I have tried to update my graphics driver to see if it would fix anything, and I got an error message after restarting my computer from NVIDIA Installer saying "NVIDIA Installer cannot continue This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware."

I'd appreciate any help in order to get this fixed, thank you in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Bajeebles

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand there are a Random lag and robotic sounds,

I am providing you with some steps to try below.

Step 1. At the Tiles menu type "Recovery"

Step 2. Choose HP Recovery Manager

Step 3. Drivers and Applications Reinstall

Step 4. Choose IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

Step 5. Install

Step 6. Restart your computer

For lag or slow performance: Click here and follow the steps.

if it does not please re-post and we can continue to work towards a resolution.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Have a great weekend!
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Followed all of the steps, and my problem still continues. 

HP Recommended

@Bajeebles

You've done a remarkable job performing the steps suggested earlier, great work 🙂 

And don't worry, as we should be able to fix this up with a few more steps and I'll be with you until we ensure this issue is fixed.

The link I had shared earlier also contained steps such as system restore and so on, I was wondering if you've attempted those steps as well and if yes, did they complete without errors?

Also, since the issue persists I recommend you attempt running an extensive test on the Hard drive of your computer to be on a safer side:

HP provides diagnostic software that you can use to test hardware components on your computer. Using this test you can confirm hardware failures when you suspect something is wrong. Please see HP support document Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎 and see the section Testing using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, I had tried doing the restore and all that was stated within the first reply without errors, but the problem still wasn't fixed. I also tried the extensive test on my hard drive and it all passed fine but the lag and robotic sounds are still here. 

HP Recommended

@Bajeebles

You've done a remarkable job performing the steps suggested earlier, great work 🙂 

And don't worry, as we should be able to fix this up with a few more steps and I'll be with you until we ensure this issue is fixed.

I'm glad the tests passed because that would confirm that this isn't a hardware issue and only a minor software malfunction,

The best thing to do now, is to backup all your personal data such as pictures, music, videos, documents, etc...and perform a recovery to restore the computer back to the factory defaults and resolve the issue.

Click here for details on how to perform a recovery.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Considering the problem only begun right after performing a factory reset in the first place, I dont think performing another would help anything.
HP Recommended

@Bajeebles

Thank you for replying,

Contrary to popular belief, the recovery done the right way without errors or interruptions will resolve the issue that began with the factory reset,

Besides, if the recovery partition using F11 doesn't work, the only other way to fix it is using the recovery media,
you will need to make use of the recovery media you've created on your own after purchasing the PC, if you don't have one, here is how to obtain one: Click here

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Restoring it back to factory settings again did not help, the random lag and robotic noises are all still happening as before.
HP Recommended

@Bajeebles

Thank you for replying,

However, a few extra words with details goes a long way 😉

As I need to know if the recovery was done using the recovery partition via F11 or was it using the recovery media created by you or was it the one you ordered by HP.

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.