Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen broken /trying to display on my TV using HDMI/ no picture?

Mini 311-1037
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
VM262UA#ABA
HPMINI 311-1037NR
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,407 22,351 2,046 4,887
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen broken /trying to display on my TV using HDMI/ no picture?

Help1229

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

You're up against some serious problems with a broken screen.

First, you can not use an external monitor to entirely replace the screen.  That is because the drivers for the VGA and/or HDMI ports aren't loaded until Windows is up an running.  This prevents you from seeing any boot or error messages on an external monitor that will tell you if anything went wrong while starting up Windows.

Second, while using an external monitor SHOULD be a simple process of connecting one via either the VGA port or the HDMI port, Windows never makes anything that simple or reliable.  Most likely, there are some Display settings you need to change in order to be able to see the Windows desktop on the external monitor -- and without a laptop screen to see those settings, you're dead in the water.

I know it's probably NOT what you want to hear, but to continue using the laptop, you really need to get the broken screen replaced.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation