Annabelle8 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Screen control issues

HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows XP

I have had my laptop for about 14 months, and about one month after the warrenty expired, it started acting up. Whenever my laptop in sitting normal, the volume "display" (the display in the top left corner of the screen that tells you your volume when you change it) is always there instead of fading away, and is always at 100. I know the actual speakers are fine because when I hold the volume down button, I can hear the volume lowering, however when I let go, the volume goes all the way back up by itself. Now, when I convert the laptop over to tablet mode, I get the opposite problem. insteead of being at 100, the volume is at 0. My laptop will also not let me switch windows using the taskbar. Lately I have been having problems with microsoft word. It seems to be getting worse and worst as time goes by and I have a nice laptop. Is there anything I can do? Please help.

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15855 1250 2164
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

Screen control issues

@Annabelle8

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you :) 

As I understand there are multiple issues on your device,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you connect any headphones or earphone to the device?

Have you installed any updates recently?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

Let's work on one issue at a time and then move on to the next, starting with the audio control that doesn't fade away:

Disconnect any ear or headphones you've got connected to check if that makes a difference,

If not, uninstall the audio and video/display drivers from device manager and restart the computer,

when done, update them both from the HP website: Click here to find and install the same.

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation