Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen not turning on.

Pavilion dv4
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
The screen will not turn on on my dc4. All lights come on. Caps an num lights blink once every four seconds. I tried disconnecting the ac plug and battery, held power button for over a minute, plugged everything back in, still no screen. Lap top was working fine everytime i used it. I was in the middle of using it and got side tracked, i put it down with out closing it, stayed open all night, today i tried to use it and now the screen wont come on.
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
13487 1268 3005
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen not turning on.

Jadidaskv

Wish I had good news for you, but I don't.

According to this HP diagnostic guide, that blinking means the CPU is bad: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674#AbT1

We have no way of confirming that from here, nor do you -- so the only recourse you have is to take or send it to an HP Service Center to have them check it out and see if it can be repaired, and if it is out of warranty, that could be very expensive.  Here is information on the HP Service Centers:  HP Notebook PCs - Using a Certified HP Service Center to Repair a Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support

IF it is out of warranty, then you are free to take it to any laptop repair facility and have them check it out.

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation