Level 3
18 13 0 15
Message 1 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 13-inch touch delay after using any n-trig stylus

hp spectre x360 ac050ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The 13'' spectre x360 is in need of a digitizer firmware update like that which the 15'' community received (see this thread). I have troubleshooted ad nauseum on my own and with HP tech support and it is clear this is the one and only solution.

HP support, please provide the same firmware solution that was provided for the 15'' spectre.

And please, don't suggest a list of possible solutions that include changing the battery, refreshing windows, or anything else. The problem is firmware and needs to be corrected on HP's end.

Thank you.

48 REPLIES 48
mlli1111
Level 2
8 8 0 5
Message 2 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No idea why HP does not provide the 13" touchscreen firmware update. Supposedly, there are more users than those of 15" one.

mikeizzy
2 2 0 2
Message 3 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem with the 13-inch UHD model ac033dx.  HP - please provide a firmware fix as you have for the 15" model.

Svenni
1 1 0 1
Message 4 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my 13'' spectre x360, and this problem makes me tell people not to buy this computer if they want the pen option, so I expect HP to make a firmware update for this model to.

evns
Level 1
5 5 0 1
Message 5 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is probably the only thing holding me back from buying the spectre x360 13" (13-AC023DX). I write a lot in OneNote on my Surface Pro 3 and switch back and forth between the pen and using my fingers to zoom/pan. There is no delay on Surface Pro devices. Please fix this issue and I will consider buying! I am also curious to see how responsive HP is to their customers when an issue like this arises. It's been 5 days since this was posted and this issue was already addressed for the 15"...why hasn't someone from HP responded yet? Thanks for your help!

Toastedbread
Level 3
18 13 0 15
Message 6 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We are still awaiting a response from HP. At the very least, it would be nice to know that our concern has been heard and if any effort is being directed at a firmware fix. I will be receiving my second model soon and would hate to have to send it back as well.
0 Kudos
evns
Level 1
5 5 0 1
Message 7 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why are you receiving a second model?

0 Kudos
Toastedbread
Level 3
18 13 0 15
Message 8 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I returned the last one because the issue was not be resolved during the return window. Ive been using a surface book since then but its not quite right for me. The spectre was on sale last week so I put in an order, hoping that by the time it arrives in a month they will have released a firmware update.
0 Kudos
evns
Level 1
5 5 0 1
Message 9 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you called HP support? What has their response been? If they knew about it for the 15" Spectre x360 and were willing to create a firmware fix, I would assume that they would want to do that for all relevant devices.

0 Kudos
Toastedbread
Level 3
18 13 0 15
Message 10 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I called HP support when I first discovered the problem months ago. They took down the info and promised to pass it along to the feedback team. Since no solution or time frame was offered I had to return the laptop.

I would also assume they would be willing to fix the 13'' as well, which is why it is so ridiculous that I even need to open this forum. What's worse is HP has chosen not to reply as of yet.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation