Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Strange touch keyboard only when in tablet mode

HP 13 x2 13-p111nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When the computer is off - and I split the tablet from the keyboard - I then start the tablet up - everything boots fine.  When I open up a browser (either firefox or edge) and  I  touch the address bar of the browser to put the cursor there and then touch the icon to bring up the onscreen keyboard - I try to type in an address but the keyboard switches every 3 or 4 seconds between 2 different kinds - one with a .com (and a .ca also- I'm in canada) near the spacebar and one without it - I cannot get in more than 2 or 3 characters before the browser highlights the address bar - and I can't enter any more characters unless I delete them and type real fast.

I'm sure it is some sort of windows 10 issue with the on screen keyboard being used with a browser (problem only happens when I use a browser - either of the above).

I can get around this by opening google and typing my address in the googles search window in the main body of the screen - but no other way.

I have updated windows and all the hp drivers - am at a loss - did an internet search and nowhere could I see that peoples on screen keyboard has the .com button next to the spacebar.

This issue does not happen if I start the unit up with the keyboard & screen attached - then detach it and work with it as a tablet.

I have also tried various windows settings as touch friendly tablet mode - with no luck.

I should mention one other anomily that may be related - sometimes when I'm trying to use the find function and typing with the os keyboard I can only type a few characters before the keyboard disappears - again I'm at a loss.

Any help is appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
813 779 66 160
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You may have 2 languages enabled for your PC.

English (US) and English (canada).

Usually you will see a keyboard icon on the bottom right side of your screen.

You can click on it and change the current language for the keyboad.

Best if you go to the Control panel and disable one of these from the Languages section.

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answerAccept as Solutionif it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
stevem2290 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well I disabled one of the languages as you said - unfortunately it made no difference.

???

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation