05-19-2017 12:09 PM
While drawing with the HP pen: If I'm hovering, the pointer (tiny circle) lags behind, no matter how slowly you go... so it's always in the wrong place.
Then, when you touch the screen, it jumps into place. REALLY difficult to draw like this. Are there any settings/updates/workarounds that can fix this?
It almost seems intentional, not a lack of capability
05-20-2017 01:05 PM
Welcome to HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you have an HP Spectre x360 series laptop. I read that while drawing with the HP pen, the pointer lags behind no matter how slowly your use the pen. Also, if you touch the screen, the pointer jumps over.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
- Did the pen come with the laptop or did you purchase it separately?
- Did this issue start recently or has been there since the beginning?
Meanwhile, If this issue started recently then I suggest you to perform a Microsoft System Restore. This will not delete your data and will only rollback the laptop to an earlier date when everything worked fine.
If the issue still persists post a Microsoft System Restore then please perform the steps as described in detail from this link. These steps usually help in improving screen accuracy with the pen.
You may also view the list of HP laptops and their compatible Stylus pens via this link.
I hope this information helps. Let me know how it goes. Good luck!
I am an HP Employee
If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)