Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (101 Views)

Stylus pointer in wrong place while hovering, then jumps into place when you touch the screen

Product Name: Spectre x360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While drawing with the HP pen: If I'm hovering, the pointer (tiny circle)  lags behind, no matter how slowly you go... so it's always in the wrong place.

Then, when you touch the screen, it jumps into place. REALLY difficult to draw like this. Are there any settings/updates/workarounds that can fix this?

It almost seems intentional, not a lack of capability

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (76 Views)

Re: Stylus pointer in wrong place while hovering, then jumps into place when you touch the screen

@Thelukeandrews

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Smiley Happy I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Spectre x360 series laptop. I read that while drawing with the HP pen, the pointer lags behind no matter how slowly your use the pen. Also, if you touch the screen, the pointer jumps over. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Did the pen come with the laptop or did you purchase it separately?
  • Did this issue start recently or has been there since the beginning?

Meanwhile, If this issue started recently then I suggest you to perform a Microsoft System Restore. This will not delete your data and will only rollback the laptop to an earlier date when everything worked fine. 

If the issue still persists post a Microsoft System Restore then please perform the steps as described in detail from this link. These steps usually help in improving screen accuracy with the pen. 

You may also view the list of HP laptops and their compatible Stylus pens via this link

I hope this information helps. Let me know how it goes. Good luck! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation