Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Tanri Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Switchable Graphics not working properly.

Pavilion g6-2104et
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I've been having issues regarding switchable graphics. It wont use Radeon 6700m on the game named Blade and Soul. No matter what i do, which option i choose, it will still be using Intel hd 4000.

I know this because A) it wont even find/show the game on Switchable Graphics Application Monitor. B) My Radeon wont have any activity shown on AMD System Monitor.

I cant set Switchable Graphics to be static on BIOS because there is no option there. I dont think i had any problem with the card as it could even run Mortal Kombat X  and provide same fps as this game which is like 6 years old and with much lower system req.

GPU: Intel Graphics 4000, AMD Radeon HD 6700M with latest drivers downloaded from HP website.

Edit typo: it is Radeon HD 7600M**

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
14043 1327 3147
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tanri

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about your display problem and wanted to help.

You say you're running Win10 but according to the HP Support page for your PC, it did not come with Win10 preinstalled.  So, in that case, you must have done the Win10 Upgrade, right?

The Win10 Upgrade tool does a poor job of detecting PCs with multiple graphics chipsets (like yours) and, as a result, is unable to install the proper drivers for those chipsets to work.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the problem you're up against is that Microsoft only supplies drivers with the most basic functionality, and what you really need for FULL functionality in laptops is the specialized drivers written for the specific hardware found in laptops.

However, you could consider using HP Win8.1 drivers -- although there's no guarantee that those drivers will work.  Here's the link to the HP Product drivers and software page for Win8.1 for your PC:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-g6-Notebook-PC-series/5262606/model/5283...

If that page does not show Win8.1 when you open it, then click CHANGE and select Windows 8.1 using the pulldowns.

Also, since you're going to be installing AMD drivers, then run their clean utility BEFORE you attempt to reinstall the HP drivers:  AMD Clean Uninstall Utility

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Intern
Intern
20 1 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my old Pavillion had Windows 10 downloaded, sold that one. my new HP has Windows 10 installed. sorry for confusion. i will change that on profile.

i have a ThinkVision monitor i am trying to connect to laptop but every HDMI-VGA cable i have used doesn't work.

Will a USB to VGA work?  i was advised that to get the above cable to work i may need drivers. 

thank you :))

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation