Highlighted
vicky0123
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touch screen doesn't work after upgrade to windows 10

G3R12UA HP Envy

i upgraded to windows 10, and surprise surprise my touch screen is gone.   no drivers, no hint of it anywhere on my pc settings,  i tried finding a link on HP's website to redownload the software, no such luck, you would think for such a common problem hp and microsoft would get there act together and provide a patch.  Any ideas anyone. thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 747 1,770
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @vicky0123

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I saw your post on how your touchscreen does not work after upgrading to Windows 10, on your HP ENVY m6-n010dx Notebook. I am happy to help you with this issue! 

Please try the steps in this guide, Touch Screen Issues (Windows 😎. As these steps will work on Windows 10 as well. 

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this helps, and have a nice day! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
vicky0123
6 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried what you said and didn't work, there is something missing in my operating system now, and unfortunatley HP and microfost are not offering a patch, if i contact either tech support they will want $$$, such a terrible thing as i did nothing wrong just follow the manufacturer and HP's website advice on upgrading. Now i am stuck with a laptop that is not fully functional. 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
vicky0123
6 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

also not to mention that monitor setting shows a driver date is 6/21/2006 and driver version is 10.0.10586.0 so there is no more an option for touch screen.  I tried updating the driver and it says i have the most up to date driver, can't roll it back......  not loving hp or microsoft at this point. 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 747 1,770
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi vicky0123,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation