5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad not working after update

Pavilion 15-no77s0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm working on this annoying problem with n077so and with it's touchpad.

First of all I had a problem with touchpad and with usb-ports.

Touchpad didn't work and mouse attached to usb-port didn't work either.

USB-ports did recognize mouse and  usb-memorysticks from all ports, but still mouse wouldn't work in windows.

I removed all touchpad drivers and usb-drivers, but windows automaticly installed them back while re-booting. So I couldn't install any older drivers, which I knew would work.

Windows10 home edition notified me about touchpad and PS/2 devices that there were some conflicts and remove other to get touchpad to work. I guess the keyboard and touchpad ps/2 drivers were in conflict.

And I did some diagnostics in UEFI enviroment and mouse did work there, couldn't test touchpad there.

After awhile I tired of unistalling and reinstalling touchpad drivers and reverted the windows10 to it's default settings.

After resetting windows, I managed to get USB-ports to work and keyboard.

THen I downloaded the latest touchpad drivers from HP supports site and installed them to get the touchpad to work.

After installation both keyboard and touchpad stopped working. And now even if I have uninstalled the drivers. Windows keeps reinstalling the touchpad and this fails to keyboard from working and touchpad doesn't work either.

There's something wrong with toucpad drivers which keeps screwing both keyboard and touchpad.

I'm resetting windows again ./

4 REPLIES 4
JTarhanen
5 3 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update.

After resetting windows10 home edition. Keyboard worked fine and mouse too. But not touchpad and that's fine because at the moment I don't even want it to work.

And now that windows has installed following updates:

KB32006632

KB3209498

KB890830

KB3199986

And intel HD graphics drivers

keyboard has stopped from working, good point is that mouse still works.

This is really annoying.

0 Kudos
JTarhanen
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update #2

After first resetting of windows10. Touchpad wasn't installed and when it wasn't installed, keyboard worked just fine.

During those windwos updates, windows also installed the touchpad drivers and after installation keyboard stopped to work.

And when I look from the devicemanager, there is a error with touchpad, is says something like device couldn't not be started correctly, device doesn't exsist or it's drivers haven't been loaded and there is a code (code24).

This driver error comes even with the drivers loaded from hp support site.

How can I get the keyboard back in action?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,855 9,844 922 1,533
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @JTarhanen – Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I see that you are having issues with the Pavilion notebook touchpad. I will certainly try my best to help you with the issue 🙂

I would suggest you first “Refresh” the Windows 10. This will help to refresh all the system files and possibly fix the issue. You can also restore the PC to an earlier working point by performing a system restore. Please follow the steps to refresh and restore the system from here: http://hp.care/2g7Kmz3

Alternatively, try the steps mentioned here: http://hp.care/2f1DqWH

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
JTarhanen
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the ideas.

First of all, I have refreshed notebook three times already and touchpad hasn't worked adter refreshing.

I have come to a conclusion that touchpad is broken, physicly. Touchpad isn't even activated in the UEFI diagnostics, keyboard and usb-mouse works fine, but there isn't even a option to test touchpad.

After last refreshing windows10 I got the keyboard working, but touchpad didn't start. Now I have disabled touchpad in devicemanager and prevented windows from updating the touchpad drivers.

Right now windows10, keyboard and usb-mouse works just fine. And I'll leave it like that.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation