Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook x2 10-p015nf

Hi, i have a problem with my touchscreen, the cursor go always on the left and i have some bug color on the screen.

If i deactivate the touchscreen, the notebook work normally.

I have already update the bios and check the virtual assistant but nothing worked.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @gogolo,

I'd like to help!

Please try the below suggestions:-

The touch screen responds to touch, but the cursor does not move as expected or is more than half an inch (1.3 cm) away from the point of contact. Your touch screen might need to be cleaned, configured, or reset.

NOTE: 

The touch screen function in Windows 10 is different from previous versions. Four-finger and edge swiping were removed, and new functions were added. Swipe left or right to switch applications, and swipe up or down to switch between application and task view.

Step 1: Clean the screen

Touch screens might not respond due to smudges and dirt buildup. Turn the computer off, moisten a soft, clean cloth with water, and then gently wipe the screen. Wait for the screen to dry, turn on the computer, and then try using the touch screen again.

NOTE: 

To avoid this problem, touch the screen only with clean hands or a stylus.

If cleaning the screen did not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Configure the touch display

Configure the touch display to identify your screen as a touch screen.

1. In Windows, search for and open Calibrate the screen for pen and touch input.

2. On the Display tab, click Setup.

Setup button in the Tablet PC Settings window

3. Click Touch input.

Touch input

4. Follow the on-screen directions to identify your screen as a touch screen.

5. Tap the screen to see if it responds. If it does not, continue to the next step.

Step 3: Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics

Use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI tests to detect problems with the touch screen hardware.

1. Connect the AC adapter to the computer.

2. Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

3. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the Startup menu appears, press F2.

4. When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics screen displays, click Component Tests.

Component Tests in HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI

5. Click Touch Screen.

6. There are two interactive touch screen hardware tests. Click Touch Pointer Test first.

Touch Pointer Test in UEFI

7. Read the on-screen instructions, and then click Run once.

8. Touch each of the blocks on the screen to erase them. The test ends after you erase all the blocks or after three minutes have passed, and the results display.

Touch the blocks to erase them

9. Click Main menu to return to the main screen.

10. Click Component Tests, and then click Touch Screen.

11. Click Drag And Drop Test.

Drag and Drop Test in UEFI

12. Read the on-screen instructions, and then click Run once.

13. Drag each orange rectangle to the box indicated by the arrows with a finger or a stylus. The test ends after you reposition all the blocks or after three minutes, and the results display.

Drag the blocks to the correct empty box

• If the diagnostics tests pass but the touch screen still does not respond during regular use, continue to the next step.

• If one or both tests fail, a 24-digit code, or failure ID, displays. Contact HP and provide this code. The failure ID is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.

Step 4: Perform a hard reset (notebook PCs) or full shutdown and restart (All-in-One PCs)

If none of the previous steps worked, perform a hard reset or full shutdown and restart.

For instructions refer to -Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10, 😎

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

For the step 1 : I clean the screen but it's already clean.

For the step 2 : I can configure but i have an intepestive line in which i have dots (like i touch the screen continuously)

For the step 3 : I don't have the "touch screen test"

For the step 4 : I did a hard reset with cleaning all computer but i have the same problem when i am moving the screen i have a line with dots continuously and i can't using correctly the PC. When i deactivated the touch screen in parameters the PC work correctly.

HP Recommended

Try a system reset on the computer-Resetting Your Computer (Windows 10)

Let know how this goes!

HP Recommended

I did a reset re install all windows with deleting all files but i have the same problem maybe the touchscreen board or the screen need to be changed.

HP Recommended

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.