Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop 15-fb0000 (598U8AV)

Hey guys!
As I was using my Chrome, the screen suddenly went blank. The keyboard lights were on, the music on my Spotify was still going on, and I could not get any response from the laptop by pressing any keys.

I force restarted it, and luckily, it worked! But my display seemed a little off... When I went over to display > Advanced display, I saw that instead of the usual 144Hz, it was set to 60Hz and the option to change it disappeared. I rummaged through the display properties and saw that it was not connected to the usual display driver, but to a very basic generic driver, which never allowed me to change the refresh rate.
I also tried going to the NVIDIA control panel and to my horror, the display, which should be connected to AMD graphics is not connected to anything at all.

Help me with this, cause the laptop feels Horrible with a 60Hz refresh rate...

Screenshot 2024-03-29 195842.pngScreenshot 2024-03-29 200029.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.