Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (105 Views)

ZBook 17G3 with TB3 Dock will not display on Second Monitor and no USB Chained Devices

Product Name: ZBook 17G3 & 200W TB3 Dock
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Absolutely frustrated beyond belief.

Have a high end workstation and dock and cannot function worth anything.

The first issue is that the unit recognizes the second external monitor (indentified in the display settings)  but will not display. Once in a while the monitor blinks on but then goes back to sleep. Both external monitors are connected via DisplayPort. Both are identical EliteDisplay 221i units. Switching the connections on the dock moves the issue from one monitor to the other. Driver issue or hardware issue? What do I do to get both monitors functional?

The second issue is that I have a seven (7) port USB hub connected to one of the USB ports on the dock. The dock will only recognize the first device connected to the hub. All of my devices are recognized individually when plugged into the hub but no more than one at a time. How do I get access to all of my devices?

I cannot believe that such expensive hardware which is supposed to be state of the art (latest technology) can be so unfunctional and such a step backwards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Top Student
Message 2 of 2 (69 Views)

Re: ZBook 17G3 with TB3 Dock will not display on Second Monitor and no USB Chained Devices

20180213_145619a.jpgI will add that my unit has an Nvidia Quadra M4000M GPU in it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation